Gary was named to the 2008 and 2009 Forbes Midas 100 lists honoring the most successful and influential people in venture capital. He focuses on Internet services and software investments. His investments include Wize Commerce (previously NexTag – 2/3 acq. by Providence Equity), Netli (acq. by Akamai), TimesTen (acq. by Oracle) and KnowledgeNet (acq. by Thompson). Gary currently serves on the boards of Adara Media, Evernote, Jaspersoft, MuleSoft, Wize Commerce (previously NexTag), PeopleMatter, Rhythm NewMedia and Voltage Security. He is a board observer and assists with Morgenthaler’s investments in Practice Fusion, Sonatype and Lending Club.
Gary joined Morgenthaler Ventures in 1997. Previously, he served in several roles at Apple Computer, including SVP of Apple’s Power Macintosh Division, VP Sales Americas, and Sr. Dir of Marketing for Apple’s Pacific division (China, Japan, Asia, Latin America, Canada).
Previously, Gary spent seven years at Sun Microsystems as Director of Product Marketing, Director of Asia Pacific Marketing (including a posting in Hong Kong), and as Group Manager of Industry Marketing. Before Sun, he held sales and marketing positions at IBM. Gary began his career as an IC design engineer for TRW’s microelectronics research labs. Gary earned an MBA from Harvard University and a BSEE from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Harvard (M.B.A.), U.C.L.A. (B.S.E.E.).
- Adara Media
- Wize Commerce (previously NexTag)
- Rhythm NewMedia
- Voltage Security
Internet services and software
- Readying For An IPO, Enterprise SaaS Integration Platform Mulesoft Raises $37M From NEA, Salesforce And Others
- Hourly Worker Software Platform PeopleMatter Raises $19M
- Sonatype Secures $25 Million in Financing Led by New Enterprise Associates
- The $1 Billion Club Gets Crowded
- Evernote Raises $70M; Morgenthaler 1st US VC
- Gary Little to Speak at SuperReturn Boston on “US VC Debate” Panel – June 6, 2012
- Evernote Announces Series B Funding
- PeopleMatter Picks Up $14M Series C For New Take On HR Software
- Talent Management Start-Up PeopleMatter Raises $14M, Led by Morgenthaler
- The future of Morgenthaler Ventures
- Xconomist of the Week: Phil Libin, Evernote and the Death of the Exit
- Why Evernote is Winning with the Soft Stuff
- Online storage company Evernote sets conference
- Evernote Takes $50 million To Become The Anti-Zynga
- Evernote Shows Startups: ‘Free’ Can Pay
- Morgenthaler Mixer Showcases Berkeley-Stanford Student Talent
- Will That Be Cash, Credit or Phone?
- Mac App Store Nets Evernote 40,000 New Users
- Evernote Ranks in Top 10 Apps for iPhone
- Rhythm NewMedia Raises Another $10 Million for its Premium Mobile Video Ad Network
- Evernote Passes 5-Million User Mark
- Evernote, Siri, Nuance Inducted into Apple’s Hall of Fame
- BilltoMobile Delivers Direct Mobile Billing to AT&T Customers
- Evernote Secures $20 Million Round
- Rhythm NewMedia’s Q3 2010 Mobile Ad Report Points to iPad Lead
- Jaspersoft Secures $12.5 Million in Venture Funding
- Open Source: A Silver Lining in the Economic Slump
- MuleSource Surpasses One Million Downloads
- Over One Million Customers on Rhythm Service
- Rhythm Powers TV Ads On Cellphones