Bob, based in Cleveland, OH and Menlo Park, CA, joined Morgenthaler in 1969 and has been a Partner since 1971. From 1990 to 1992, he served as President and then Chairman of the National Venture Capital Association.
His major focus is on wireless, semiconductors, materials, devices and energy. He sits on the Board of Directors of CLK Design Automation, Cortina Systems, OmniPV, Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation and R2 Semiconductor. During his tenure, Bob has been involved in many of the firm’s successful investments – Apple Computer, Applied Intelligent Systems (acquired by Electro Scientific), Aptis Communications (acquired by Nortel Networks), Atria Software (acquired by Rational Software), Endwave, Gliatech, Illustra Information Technologies (acquired by Informix), Intrinsa (acquired by Microsoft), New Focus, Synernetics (acquired by 3Com), and Synopsys. From 1967 until 1969, Bob held several management positions with Foseco, Inc. He received a BS in physics from The College of William & Mary in 1964, an MS in metallurgical engineering from Columbia University in 1965 (awarded in 1966), and an MBA from the Harvard Business School in 1967.
The College of William and Mary (B.S. in Physics), Columbia University (M.S. in Metallurgy), and Harvard Business School (M.B.A.).
- CLK Design Automation
- Cortina Systems
- Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation
- R2 Semiconductor
Wireless, Semiconductors, Materials, Devices and Energy
- Paratek Receives Top 100 Award by Red Herring
- Embracing Angels: A VC’s Perspective
- Sezmi Expands to Malaysia with YTL Partnership
- TheFunded Ranks the Most Loved VCs of 2009
- Sezmi’s TV Concept Takes on Cable
- STMicroelectronics and Paratek to Jointly Develop and Market Tunable RF Technology
- Sezmi Launches New TV Paradigm
- Bob Pavey Honored with Outstanding Service Award