Jim Broderick, M.D.
Jim is a Partner on the Morgenthaler Life Sciences Team and invests in companies developing innovative therapeutic products in the biotech and medical device industries.
Jim is a co-founder and Chairman at Promedior Pharmaceuticals, a company developing drugs to treat fibrotic diseases such as Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Myelofibrosis. Jim is a co-founder and Chairman at Ra Pharmaceuticals, a biotech company developing orally available and cell permeable peptide drugs. Jim was the founding CEO and currently serves as a Board member at SetPoint Medical, a company developing implantable neurostimulation devices to treat inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s Disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis as an alternative to drug therapy. He is an investor and board member of several other novel biotech and medical device companies, including OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: OMED), the leader in the field of drugs targeting cancer cell pathways, and Spine Wave, a commercial stage company selling multiple innovative devices for minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Jim opened Morgenthaler’s Boston Office in 2005 after spending several years in Silicon Valley. Jim is a graduate of MIT (Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering) and University of Massachusetts (Doctor of Medicine). Jim was a member of the Kauffman Fellows Program, a two-year educational fellowship sponsored by the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership designed to train future venture capitalists and leaders of high growth companies.
MIT (B.S. Mechanical Engineering), University of Massachusetts Medical School (M.D.)
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: OMED)
- Promedior Pharmaceuticals
- Ra Pharmaceuticals
- Setpoint Medical
- Spine Wave
- Trellis Bioscience
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Soars in IPO Debut
- OncoMed Soars 60% after $82M IPO
- Ra Pharma Forms First Corporate Alliance, Strikes $200M Deal With Merck
- Ra Pharmaceuticals Unveils Hereditary Angioedema as Lead Program
- Promedior Moves Fibrosis Pipeline to Boston, Hires Shire Vet as CEO
- OncoMed Scores Big Cancer Development Pact with Bayer
- SetPoint Medical Featured in Technology Review