Based in Menlo Park, Mark is a Partner focused on the areas of financial technology, mobile, consumer and small business Internet services. He has an extensive track record of working with high growth companies as an entrepreneur, executive and angel investor. Exits from his angel investments include Mint, Baby Center, PayCycle and Nolo.com.
Prior to joining Morgenthaler, Mark was a successful angel investor. His investments included two Morgenthaler portfolio companies, Pageonce and Practice Fusion. He currently represents Morgenthaler on the Practice Fusion board.
Previously, Mark helped build and ran Intuit’s Consumer Tax business (TurboTax). He also served as Senior Vice President of Intuit’s International Division, managing businesses on every continent, creating new products, acquiring companies and building partnerships. He then served as General Manager of Intuit’s Consumer Division and helped generate over $200 million in annual revenues, serving 15 million customers across a broad range of software and e-commerce services by 2000.
Prior to Intuit, Mark held executive positions at Wells Fargo and Charles Schwab, where he developed and marketed early-stage banking, software and electronic services that formed the foundation of today’s online trading industry.
Mark became an active investor and entrepreneur in 2000. He was an investor and board member at Mint, a consumer online financial management company that was sold to Intuit in 2009. He was also an investor and board member in Nolo.com, a self-help law service that was sold to Internet Brands in 2011. Goines co-founded and became chief marketing officer at PassMark Security, which was sold to RSA in 2006. He also invested in WePay (payments), BillFloat (lending) and Cozi (family organization).
Mark holds an M.B.A. and a B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley. He served as president of the Los Altos Educational Foundation and has been elected as a trustee of the Los Altos School Board.
M.B.A. and B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley
- Practice Fusion
- Planet Soho
Financial technology, mobile, consumer and small business Internet services
- SohoOS Online Tools to Better Control your Business
- Mark Goines and Itamar Novick Attend Super Happy Block Party
- Fundly Taps Social Web for Nonprofit Causes
- SohoOS Secures New Funding Led by Morgenthaler
- Practice Fusion Bids Dominance in the Doctor’s Office with a Free, Ad-Supported Electronic Health Record System
- Mark Goines is judging at VatorSplash
- Morgenthaler VC Mark Goines Leads $5 Million Investment in Fundly
- Practice Fusion Nabs $6M As It Seeks to Dominate E-Health Records
- The Secret Power Brokers of Silicon Valley
- Mark Goines Angel no more
- Angel Investor Mark Goines Joins Morgenthaler Ventures
- Mark Goines Joins Morgenthaler Ventures as Partner
- Mark Goines Joins Morgenthaler Ventures