Executive in Residence
Missy joins Morgenthaler Ventures’ Menlo Park office with more than twenty years of product development and marketing, business development, and policy experience in healthcare and health information technology. Her experience ranges from coordinating high-level policy briefings at senior levels of federal government to launching technology products at Google.
Missy worked at Google for 5 years in health and consumer marketing. She was one of the founding members of Google Health, an online medical records and wellness platform and spearheaded the Google Health Advisory Council. In her later years at Google, she managed and led the search launches marketing team. Prior to her role at Google, Missy worked for the Bush Administration in the Secretary’s Office at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). She was Senior Advisor to Dr. David Brailer, M.D., Ph.D., the first National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC). Before coming to HHS, she worked as Product Marketing Director for CareScience, a healthcare information technology company that developed the first Health Information Exchange (HIE). Prior to her role at CareScience, Missy led the Communications and Research at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-partisan, national, healthcare policy think tank. She also worked at Aetna where she spearheaded provider networking and communications during two corporate mergers to help the company enter the managed care space.
She is also a mentor at 500 Startups, a tech incubator and accelerator in the Silicon Valley and a mentor at Health Box, a new healthcare accelerator out of Chicago, IL. She also advises several health 2.0 startup companies in the Silicon Valley. She has published a series of articles and blogs and is a member of HIMSS, served on the CCHIT Task Force on PHRs, the Lance Armstrong International Advisory Council, and the Planned Parenthood International Marketing Advisory Council.
M.A. in Communications and Healthcare and Business Administration from Stanford University, B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Doximity Now Offers Online Education for Practicing Physicians (Exclusive)
- How Practice Fusion Plans to use Patient Data to Save Lives
- Silicon Valley Investors Ponder the “Next Big Thing” in Health Care
- Morgenthaler Sponsors HealthBeat Innovation ShowDown – Meet the 10 Startup Finalists
- Doximity and Practice Fusion to Speak at HealthBeat 2013
- Are You Getting Overcharged By Your Hospital? Time to Become a Smart Patient.
- Health 2.0 Challenge #1: Getting Doctors Off Fax Machines
- 3 Health Tech Startups to Watch From the DC to VC Showcase
- Meet The Three Most Fund-able Health Companies From The DC To VC Showcase
- Morgenthaler Ventures Announces Winners of the 2012 DC to VC: HIT Startup Showcase
- Morgenthaler’s Picks: The Top Twelve Health IT Startups
- Morgenthaler Names Finalists for Health IT Pitch Fest
- Morgenthaler Ventures Announces Finalists of the 2012 DC to VC: HIT Startup Showcase
- Morgenthaler Launches 3rd Annual DC to VC: Health IT Startup Contest
- Rebecca Lynn and Missy Krasner Give Health IT Startup Advice at Haas
- Ex Google Health and ONC Exec Joins Morgenthaler’s IT Team